Deleting an XRPL account
How to delete an XRP Ledger account from the XRPL.
2) Sign in with Xumm using the account you would like to delete
3) Select the Account delete option
4) Enter the r-address where you would like your funds delivered to.
5) Sign the transaction.
- If you plan to send your remaining funds to a crypto exchange or to another wallet, please make sure that they support the accountdelete transaction on the XRPL. Many do not.
- The XRP Ledger has a 2 XRP fee to delete an account. (in addition to the regular transaction fee) This means that after you delete your account you should receive about 8 XRP from your 10 XRP base reserve.
- A new account on the XRP Ledger can not be activated by the accountdelete transaction. If you try to do this, it will be rejected and you will still be charged the 2 XRP fee.
- Even after you delete your account, you should not throw away your account secret. Someone may send funds to your account in the future and you will need your account secret to access them.
Removing an account from Xumm is not the same as deleting an account from the XRP Ledger.
When an account is removed from Xumm, the account secret (Secret numbers / Family seed / Mnemonic) is deleted from Xumm, but the XRPL account still exists on the XRP Ledger.
To delete an XRPL account, you need to follow the instructions above.
If your XRPL account was removed from Xumm in error, it can be imported back into Xumm using the account secret (Secret numbers / Family Seed / Mnemonic) by following the instructions here: Importing your account into Xumm
If you already deleted your account and sent the remaining funds to a crypto exchange or wallet that does not support the accountdelete transaction, you will need to contact your exchange/wallet and explain what happened.
They will need to locate your funds in their system and deliver them to your exchange account.
Unfortunately there is nothing Xumm Support can do to help you recover your funds. Only your exchange is capable of delivering your funds to your account.
We understand that you might have additional questions regarding this topic so you are welcome to contact us any time via the Xumm Support xApp in Xumm or you can simply scan this QR code with Xumm and be directed there automatically.